gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: Axiom on Windows

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: Axiom on Windows
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:04:28 +1000

Hi Bill.

| Your results are fantastic!!! You have every right to
| be pleased.

I still feel good a day later - I hadn't expected such good luck!

Thanks to yourself, Tim, David, Camm and the other people who passed on
congratulations.  Apart from the advantage of having a working Windows GCL,
most of the patches were based on your preexisting work, and of course
without the long term patient help of Mr Maguire, I wouldn't have had the
working GCL.  So really, it was a team effort, as they say.

| Yes, I can wait until GCL 2.6.2 is finished, but when
| you have a moment I really would appreciate hearing
| what you had to change. If I look at my old notes I may
| be able to find some of the path changes that I had to
| make in my last (failed) attempt.

I'll compile a patch list for you later in the week - most of it is arrant
hackery.

One thing to note for the future portability of Axiom is that a few months
ago it became apparent that on some (but not all) Windows 98 machines (not
NT and friends) GCL will not work if built with the ONCRPC XDR extension, so
for the time being I avoided XDR.

| Great work!

Thanks again,

Mike Thomas