gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: 2.6.2

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.6.2
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:30:39 +0400

Camm Maguire writes:

Greetings!  I've taken a stab at some verbiage n the release notes
page:

http://people.debian.org/~camm/GCL_2_6_2_tests.html

I'm writing this as always too quickly, late at night, being short on
time.  I'd greatly appreciate suggestions and comments/edits.
Specifically, I want to make sure we don't overstate the condition of
GCL, yet I feel we need to state clearly where possible and fair GCL's
strong points to help ameliorate the prevailing somewhat negative
impression of our project.

Take care,

Very nice!

Just one note.  The phrase

# GCL is about as robust/correct as CLISP

seems to be misleading a bit.  What do you mean
by "robust/correct" ?  I know that have random
tester in mind but it is not so clear for casual
user. So maybe something like

# GCL compiler is about as robust/correct as CLISP one

would be better.

Best wishes and many thanks for your great work!

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov

     <address@hidden>