gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: Axiom on Windows

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: Axiom on Windows
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:16:42 +1000

Hi Camm.

| > Camm - What happens on Linux with these items?
|
| >(namestring nil)
|
| "NIL"
|
| >(probe-file "./")
|
| #p"/fix/k/camm/gcl/gcl-2.6.2pre/"
|

| I suspect the probe-file -- would be great if you could track this
| down when time permits.

Thanks for the comparison - I'm getting closer to having a FreeBSD machine
at home so hopefully won't have to hassle you for these sorts of things
soon.

I had already found the fault, but decided to rewrite again to remove getwd
on MinGW, also adding checks for NIL arguments in some of those functions
(see transcript at end).  This is all now in HEAD, which builds Maxima
successfully.

Sorry, I didn't try to track down mallocing in getcwd under the conditions
we were facing.

There still remains the harder issue of why the error state is so unstable.
I'm reading up on set/longjump on MSDN and in our code to see if I can see
anything obvious.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.

>(namestring nil)

Error in EVAL [or a callee]: NIL argument in coerce_to_namestring.

Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Broken at NAMESTRING.  Type :H for Help.
 1 (Continue) Return to top level.
dbl:>>1

Top level.
>(truename nil)

Error in EVAL [or a callee]: Cannot get the truename of NIL.

Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Broken at TRUENAME.  Type :H for Help.