gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Can't build ACL2 using GCL under Mac OS X 3.3

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Can't build ACL2 using GCL under Mac OS X 3.3
Date: 22 Jun 2004 11:37:33 -0400

Greetings!

John Matthews <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Camm,
>
> On Jun 21, 2004, at 3:27 PM, Camm Maguire wrote:
>
> > Greetings!  GCL's use of this library is entirely 'accidental',
> > i.e. via its dependence on bfd.  The version selected is that
> > available when the image was compiled.  You might even be able to make
> > a link from the library name you have to the one that you don't and
> > get the binary to run, for testing purposes at least.
> >

> Thanks for the tip. I have set a symbolic link from /src/lib/libintl.2.dylib
> to /sw/lib/libintl.1.0.1.dylib . Now
> Aurelien's GCL image returns the following error:
>
>    dyld: aurelien-saved_gcl version mismatch for library:
> /src/lib/libintl.2.dylib (compatibility version of user: 6.0.0
> greater than library's version: 2.0.0)
>    Trace/BPT trap
>
> Unfortunately I'm not an experienced unix/linux developer, and so I'm not
> really comfortable with installing arbitrary
> versions of shared libraries without something like Fink or DarwinPorts.

OK, many thanks.  I think Aurelien must be temporarily snowed under,
but in his absence, and without access to this machine, my guess is
that there is a mprotect bug in Darwin that has been fixed in the
newer C libraries which Aurelien's build uses.  This would be good to
add to the release notes if confirmed.  I will place this speculation
in the proto release notes:

http://people.debian.org/~camm/GCL_2_6_2_tests.html

Take care,