gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Boyer benchmark results

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Boyer benchmark results
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:09:30 +0200

Moin Camm Maguire,

> I wanted to commit them to the cvs tree, but there does not appear to
> be a permissible license/copyright anywhere.  Richard Gabriel offers a
> pdf of the book from which these were taken on his website under the
> 'creative commons' license, which, to my understanding, is not
> compatible with the (L)GPL as it forbids commercial use.
>
> I will try to contact him for clarification.

  the gabriel benchmark should better not go into GCL but into Debian,
  as eg. cl-gabriel to support any common-lisp-controller Lisp that is
  supported by Debian. So anyone could run his own benchmarks.

  there is no need to ask him for a (L)GPL'ed copy of the benchmark,
  but a copy under some Debian conformant license would be nice.

  is the 'creative commons' license Debian compatible, or non-free ?
  any (p)URL to the original pdf and its license ?

  it would be still possible, to ask him if the benchmark could be
  published in Debian/non-free, if the 'creative commons' license is
  incompatible with Debian.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'