gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Axiom-developer post from address@hidden requires approv

From: Magnus Larsson
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Axiom-developer post from address@hidden requires approvalHello
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:02:00 +0200

Hello Tim,

I am not a Lisp user. I only use Lisp to bootstrap me to Axiom or Maxima.
I would like to execute the test, but I need exact Lisp step-by-step
instructions. foo.lisp contains (+ 2 3).

This is what I did, please advice:

obj/linux/bin/lisp
(compile-file "foo.lisp")
        Compiling foo.lisp.
        End of Pass 1.
        End of Pass 2.
        OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=0 (No runtime error checking), Space=0, Speed=3
        Finished compiling foo.lisp.
        #p"foo.o"
(load "foo.lisp")
        Finished loading foo.lisp
(system::save-system "newlisp")

./newlisp
#### Newlist starts and gives me the input prompt >
#### How do I compile the loaded foo.lisp
(compile-file "foo.lisp")??? Compile-file foo-lisp works fine , but I do not
think this is what you meant. How to compile the loaded foo.lisp?

Magnus