gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Documentation strings.

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Documentation strings.
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:34:10 +1000

Hi Camm.

| It will at best take a month or two to resolve this.  So we have a
| choice -- should we wait, or pull the document (gcl.texi, not the
| gcl-si and gcl-tk .texi documents) pending resolution and release what
| we have?

I think this problem is a good reason to consider fixing the builtin
document string mechanism in 2.7.0.  Those macros (DEFUN_NEW, DEFUN, DEFVAR)
offer us the twin advantages of primitive but effective literate programming
and online documentation.

One way of approaching this without too much pain might be to ask that each
one of us, when working on a particular function definition, also update the
documentation string.

Cheers

Mike Thomas