gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL version in Axiom CVS

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL version in Axiom CVS
Date: 28 Jun 2004 11:34:58 -0400

Greetings!

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David.
>
> | This might pinpoint an issue with GCL. Axiom is using its own version of
> | GCL (2.6.2-something)
>
> For the record, as a completely separate issue and without hindering the
> point of your email to Magnus note that in fact, although labelled 2.6.2 in
> the Axiom CVS source tree, I believe that this is in fact GCL CVS HEAD based
> on the debugging output from "o/unexnt.c" when built under Windows.

Yes, apart from the discussion on gcl bundling, if it would suit
Axiom's needs I'd like to recommend that the just released official
2.6.2 source be used if possible.  This will allow people to work
heavily on cvs head without worrying that an important user like axiom
would find the need to do a gcl cvs upgrade and be disappointed with
the results :-).

Take care,