gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl_signal & sockets

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl_signal & sockets
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:44:39 +1000

Hi Michael.

|   - next could be a deeper look into o/file.d to implement 3 things :
|     - white streams (old GCL streams)
|     - black streams (file/socket streams operating of file descriptors
|       instead of using stdio or readline to operate on file pointers)
|     - interface for Gray streams (user defined streams of mostly
|       Common Lisp manner)

I wonder whether whether SSL sockets can be configured to talk with
'ordinary' sockets?  I ask because it might provide a way for us to have
cross platform low level socket code if that is so.

You probably already know that Windows diverges from Unix on sockets - the
functions often appear to be the same but the things you can do with them
differ:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/win
sock/windows_sockets_start_page_2.asp

Cheers