gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL version in Axiom CVS

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL version in Axiom CVS
Date: 29 Jun 2004 14:43:43 -0400

Greetings!

Michael Koehne <address@hidden> writes:

> Moin Tim,
>
> > will the ansi compliant version handle ltk?
> > (http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk)
>
>   i just downloaded it - the list of supported Lisp's read nice - so
>   I have some other Lisp's to compare, if it failes.
>
> > The sweet part about this work is that it is all common lisp except
> > for one function that runs a program and captures the i/o stream.
> > I believe GCL has that function somewhere.
>
>   I think I also saw this function somewhere. GCL has two functions -
>   one well known (si::system) but unable to capture io, an one hidden,
>   who is able to capture the stream - I have to dig out the later and
>   either implements its features as keywords to si::system (to rewrite
>   the hidden one in Lisp) or patch my ASDF to use the unknown one.

in gtt:
hello

gzip

(with-open-file (s "|zcat /tmp/gtt.gz" :direction :input) (format t
     "~S~%" (read s)))
HELLO

Any program pipe to stream can be done this way.

>   Lets look, how RUN-PROCESS works out - its compiled but does'nt contain
>   anything, because its commented because RUN_PROCESS is only #define'd
>   in h/mac2.h, h/bsd.h and h/mingw.h but not in h/linux.h ... ?

Yes this needs work to come back online.  faslinking too perhaps.
These are the two major areas of currently disabled code which need
not be.

Take care,