gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] memory damaged at (system:STRING-MATCH :anykey :verbose)

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: [Gcl-devel] memory damaged at (system:STRING-MATCH :anykey :verbose)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 02:45:42 +0200

Moin Guru's,

  I have a new bug - and I cant explain - I first thought about I
  created it, because it happend in clcs, when typing :ish instead
  of :ihs - I tracked down the bug to string-match and the keyword
  :verbose - some other keywords also produce that bug, so it was
  really triggered by :up

(system:STRING-MATCH :anykey :verbose)
Error in SYSTEM:STRING-MATCH [or a callee]: Caught fatal error [memory
may be damaged]

(si:string-match :ish :up)
Error in SYSTEM:STRING-MATCH [or a callee]: Caught fatal error [memory
may be damaged]

(sloop:sloop for v in-package 'keyword do (when (get v 'si::break-command)
   (format t "~%~S " v)
   (format t "~S" (si:string-match :ish v))
   (format t " ok")))
[ ... ]
:BT -1 ok
:FR -1 ok
:UP
Error in SYSTEM:STRING-MATCH [or a callee]: Caught fatal error [memory
may be damaged]

  I think someone must have an idea, whats going on there, because
  gclcvs version in Sarge does not (yet) have this problem. Both my
  Woody compilied and my Sarge compiled GCL from cvs HEAD show it,
  so I think its not something of my libraries, but something that
  had been changed recently.

  btw: whats the use, of walking over symbols in the keyword
  package in complete-prop, when resolving a break command ?

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM