gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] memory damaged at (system:STRING-MATCH :anykey :verbose)

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] memory damaged at (system:STRING-MATCH :anykey :verbose)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 10:53:10 +1000

Hi Michael.

|   ok - we know the cure - lets search for similar places - do you know
|   similar 'memory damaged' crash points ? Else I'll continue on pprint ;)

I think you should just follow your own series of bugs as what you are doing
is of great value and I am only aware of those occuring on Windows - as far
as I know there are no outstanding such problems on Unix builds.

The first is a crash in Maxima's src/specfn.o which crashes while loading
when compiled with gcc version 3.3.3 and 3.4.0.  From the Lisp side that
occurs during the initialisation phase when the very first array of values
is set up. (fillarray *li2* .....)

Unfortunately I am having a very hard time getting it to break in the
debugger in the array initialisation.  I'm aolso having a very hard time
allocating time to follow this stuff up at the moment.

There are others which come up when building/running Axiom on Windows, but
let's ignore those for now.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.