gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] SGC debugging

From: Aurelien Chanudet
Subject: [Gcl-devel] SGC debugging
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:36:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm currently trying to debug SGC on MacOS X using
gdb. I'm having difficulties setting up the debugger
to handle stratified segfaults. Whenever a segfault
occurs, gdb stops and reports the segfault. I've tried
modifying this default behaviour using the "handle"
command :

handle <name of signal> nostop pass

in order to trace execution through the signal
handler. However, this does not produce the expected
behaviour. Indeed, setting up this behaviour causes
the program to go into an infinite loop, the signal
being never called.

Any clue ? How are you guys setting up gdb to debug
stratified segfaults ?

Thanks,
Aurelien

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo!
Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com