gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.2 / 303 ansitests failed

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.2 / 303 ansitests failed
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:04:56 +1000

Hi Camm.

| Just to double check, you know about --enable-dynsysgmp, yes?  Hope it
| works on mingw.

Yes; I hadn't used it until now due to a concern for keeping builds
standardised and lack of understanding that the patched mul_n is used
whether an external lib is used or not.

Rather than use a dynamic library I used a precompiled static lib and
everthing built.  Whether it works remains to be seen as I am out of time.

Strangely it went through a complete GMP configure - the configure phase
took about 5 minutes against the build itself - 7 minutes.

If gmp is built we're talking about 25-30 minutes for a complete build so as
you can see this is a major saving for me.

An email to your enhanced.com address re uploads bounced today too.  Please
set up the ssh transfer.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.