gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] SGC debugging

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] SGC debugging
Date: 21 Jul 2004 11:54:08 -0400

Greetings!

Aurelien Chanudet <address@hidden> writes:

> The default for the signal raised when a segfault
> occurs on MacOS X is nopass.
>
> > If you are in an infinite loop, and if our earlier
> > discussion was correct, the segfault signals ar
> > being trapped.
>
> They are.
>
> > You should then (or prior) be able to set 'b
> > memprotect_handler', 'c', and wind up in the
> > handler.
>
> I don't seem to be able to wind up in the handler.
> When 'c'-ing, the program counter isn't increased. Gdb
> seems to hang at the place the segfault occurred. (By
> contrast, things work fine when the program isn't run
> in gdb).

Yuck.  This definitely appears to be a gdb bug on your platform.  If
so, this leaves printf debugging.  I'd first print out all the calls
to memprotect, and fadrr in the handler relative to sgc_type_map, then
go over the page logic to determine which element of sgc_type_map
governs sgc_type_map itself, and make sure it is set appropriately
(PERM_WRITABLE).  If not, then maybe print out the element settings as
they are made.

Take care,