gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Windows gcc 3.4.0 rdata custom relocation

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Windows gcc 3.4.0 rdata custom relocation
Date: 23 Jul 2004 17:15:29 -0400

Greetings!  Mike, this is absolutely fantastic!  Congratulations.  You
are the next relocation expert :-).

Don't know about the aref stuff -- haven't checked the patch closely,
but I already got:

GCL (GNU Common Lisp)  2.7.0 CLtL1   Jun 24 2004 15:18:57
Source License: LGPL(gcl,gmp), GPL(unexec,bfd)
Binary License:  GPL due to GPL'ed components: (READLINE BFD UNEXEC)
Modifications of this banner must retain notice of a compatible license
Dedicated to the memory of W. Schelter

Use (help) to get some basic information on how to use GCL.

>(setq a (make-array 10))

#(NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL NIL)

>(aref a -1)

Error: Array index -1 out of bounds for #(NIL NIL NIL ...)
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by AREF.
Broken at AREF.  Type :H for Help.

Do you have a test case showing the failure of the old algorithm?

Am wondering if your fantastic breakthrough warrants a 2.6.4.

Take care,