gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] SGC on MacOS X (continued)

From: Aurelien Chanudet
Subject: [Gcl-devel] SGC on MacOS X (continued)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:35:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Camm & all,

I looked at my SGC issue during the week-end.

It turns out that the test below (at the beginning of
sgc_start in sgbc.c) never evaluates to true, thus
resulting in a sgc_type_map array never marked as
writable.

if (npp<MAXPAGE && sgc_type_map[npp] !=
SGC_PERM_WRITABLE)

perm_writable(&sgc_type_map[0],sizeof(sgc_type_map));

Modifying this test to make it evaluate to true
apparently solves the problem. So now the question
that is left to solve is : why does this test evaluate
to false ? I noticed that, at this point in the
program execution, my sgc_type_map array holds the
following values :

sgc_type_map[page(sgc_type_map)]=4
sgc_type_map[page(sgc_type_map)+1]=0
sgc_type_map[page(sgc_type_map)+2]=0
sgc_type_map[page(sgc_type_map+sizeof(sgc_type_map))-1]=0

Any clue as to what's going wrong ?

Thanks,
Aurelien

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour
dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. A télécharger gratuitement sur
http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com