gcl-devel

RE: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?

From: James Amundson
Subject: RE: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:21:17 -0500

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 18:55, Mike Thomas wrote:

> | I have proceeded a little further by setting the pathname to be
> | an ordinary
> | string.  Unfortunately, now MK:OOS yields an error:
> |
> | >(mk:oos 'femlisp 'compile :minimal-load t :verbose t
> | :compile-during-load t)
> |
> | Error: MAKE::IGNORE-ERRORS is invalid as a function.
> |
> | I thought that defsystem would work with GCL.  Is this wrong?  At least,
> | #+GCL appears in the file defsystem.lisp...

> The Maxima build is invoked with this:
>
> (load "../lisp-utils/defsystem.lisp")
> (funcall (intern "OPERATE-ON-SYSTEM" :mk) "maxima" :compile :verbose t))
>
> so it seems to be using a different method of starting the build to you (Who
> would know why - I certainly don't?)

I'm the one who knows. "oos" is just a shorthand for
"OPERATE-ON-SYSTEM". The funcall and intern business are there because
of some subtleties whose details escape me right now. Maxima just writes
out "mk:oos" in a very verbose way.

--Jim

P.S. Perhaps you knew all that and you are worried about the difference
between "compile" and "minimal-load" combined with "compile during
load." There I can't help you.