gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gclcvs and LOOP in Debian unstable i386

From: Adam Warner
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gclcvs and LOOP in Debian unstable i386
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:32:14 +1200

> Perhaps there is a build error (ANSI is not enabled? i.e. should the
> version header be "2.7.0 CLtL1" for the CVS version?)

I just read /usr/share/doc/gclcvs/README.Debian which tells me to set
GCL_ANSI. The LOOP now works :-)

It is unfortunate that ANSI is not the default, especially in the CVS
version. I suggest an environment setting of GCL_ANSI=no|NO|No be
explicitly required for disabling all the work to date upon ANSI
compliance. This will affect the least number of existing users while
making the default sane for new Debian GCL users.

Regards,
Adam