gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Maxima 5.9.0.9rc1 available

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Maxima 5.9.0.9rc1 available
Date: 22 Sep 2004 10:14:41 -0400

Greetings!  Yes we've discussed this in connection with ANSI
compliance.  Currently, GCL has a max of 64 arguments.  This is in
fact ANSI compliant -- implementations can define such a maximum
within a certain range, which covers 64,  We had discussed integrating
libffi(?) to support an arbitrarily large number of arguments, as
axiom as well needed a workaround in one place, but the feedback we
received from the axiom people was that this was very low priority.

You cn always use something like:

(defun maxl (l)
        (cond   ((atom l) nil)
                ((null (cdr l)) (car l))