gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] unexec development

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] unexec development
Date: 07 Oct 2004 11:28:07 -0400

Greetings!  Currently, GCL and programs built on top of it
(maxima,acl2,axiom), use emacs' unexec by default to save intermediary
and final system images.  Compiled code is loaded and relocated
dynamically at runtime, stored in an expanding .data section via sbrk,
and finally dumped with unexec.

I would like to extend this functionality if possible to include
compiled code which references symbols in external shared libs opened
again dynamically at runtime via dlopen.  Loading and relocating is
straightforward, but somehow I'd need to have unexec write a
new relocation record into the final image for each symbol for use by
ld.so.

Does this sound of interest to emacs too?  Does this trigger any ideas
as to a possibly better approach?

Take care,