gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.6.5 errata page updates

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.6.5 errata page updates
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:57:37 +1000

Hi Camm.

Rushing to reply before the weekend and train.

| Why does not the call to set_maxpage in gcl_init_alloc work for you?
| This would appear the logical place for this.

Our (GCL's) malloc is getting called by the C runtime before we even enter
main() with the latest version of the MinGW32 compiler and runtime - am
uncertain whether this is by design or by accident and intend to ask the
MinGW32 people.

| Separately, was there not a .rdata section issue with newer gcc?  Is
| that to what you refer above as a linker mod, or do you mean the
| separate pecoff files you've so wonderfully supplied?  A minimal
| .rdata change to the 2.6.5 code might be a good errata candidate.

Yes, and should be able to be obtained from one of the later versions of
whatever the file was that I superceded with the pecoff linking - I'm fairly
certain I fixed this earlier.

Avagoodweegend

Mike Thomas.