gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Quality and ANSI compatibility of GCL?

From: R. Mattes
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Quality and ANSI compatibility of GCL?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:27:49 +0100

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:47:51 -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:

> [...]
>
> BTW, I'm always interested in feedback from users, whether expressing
> GCL's utility and importance and encouraging further work, or taking
> the position that the best thing GCL could do for the world of free
> lisp would be to leave the field :-).

Well, i'd like to give gcl a try, but the one thing i'm missing right
now is a document that explains _where_ gcl fails to follow the ANSI
standard. I'd hate to start porting my applications only to find out
later on that there are unsolvable problems. One area i'm particularly
interesteted in is gcl's conformance to the MOP (is there any MOP? How
much of the MOP is implemented/documented?).

 TIA Ralf Mattes