gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Building latest cvs on solaris

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Building latest cvs on solaris
Date: 22 Nov 2004 10:29:59 -0500

Greetings!

Raymond Toy <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to gcl on solaris once again.
>
> The latest cvs works much better and configure works fine.  However,

Great!

> when running make, o/makefile uses awk with gawk constructs.  And also
> calls nm, assuming the old BSD? style output.  This isn't true by
> default on solaris.  You need to use nm -p to get that.

I see.  We can obviously put in a little one-off configure magic to
toggle awk and the -p flag to nm.  But how difficult is it to build
gcl on solaris using GNU tools?  This is the environment to which I
have access when testing solaris builds.

Are these the only two solaris issues?  What about GNU make/solaris
make?

> Using nawk still gives some complaints, though.  The result is that

???  What are the syntax issues here?

> plt.h contains lines of the form "MY_PLT(acos)".  Don't know if that's
> right or not.

This is correct.

> But anyway, it will build after that.
>
> Perhaps o/makefile needs to be created by configure?

Our goal is to overhaul the configure/make system with automake after
ANSI compliance is achieved.  Unfortunately, there is a lot of cruft
in there now, and replacing it will require much testing.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

Take care,