gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] 64bit work in progress

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] 64bit work in progress
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:39:29 -0500

Greetings!  Some of the recent load-value code had some difficulty on
64bit, so I've taken a bit of time and implemented (in CVS head,
2.7.0) what I hope to be the lion's share of the remaining 64bit work
-- predominantly, most-positive-fixnum is now a 64bit value on these
machines, with all the consequences this implies.  Looks good so far,
but issues doubtless remain.  I've labeled the ones I recognize with a
/*FIXME 64*/ comment in the code.  Mostly just hashing and random
numbers still have some 32bit aspects, but I also want to audit the
use of int, whenever enough time for that might appear :-).

When this is done, I'd also like to support unsigned and long long
arithmetic directly in the compiler.

Take care,