gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Crossing the 4 GB barrier

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Crossing the 4 GB barrier
Date: 02 Dec 2004 10:45:30 -0500

that has been posted to comp.lang.lisp as well.

Greetings!  Great!  Congratulations!

It might also be noteworthy that GCL has seen some serious large image
production work since 2.6.x was released.  I believe researchers at UT
working with ACL2, (possibly in conjunction with coworkers at AMD),
have been using an >24GB ACL2/GCL image on an 8-way Itanium system --
over a billion cons cells.

Take care,