gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: persistence in lisp

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: persistence in lisp
Date: 02 Dec 2004 10:54:05 -0500

that has been posted to comp.lang.lisp as well.

Greetings!

Many systems likely have the equivalent, but in GCL, the exact running
memory image is dumped to disk when evaluating (si::save-system
"new_image").  The resulting file is an ordinary executable which,
when run, will reproduce the state of memory precisely where you left
off.  Thanks to emacs' unexec.

Take care,