gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploadedWindowsso

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploadedWindowssource/bi nary package.
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:38:31 +1000

Hi Tim/Bill.

Thanks for that.

I gave up on the ssh checkout for today and just used tla under a Windows
command prompt to check out the code.  I will now try for a  GCL version
2.6.5 build to ensure that all Axiom platforms are working off the same GCL
code base.

I've already found one infelicity and need to find out your standard process
for generating those Makefile.pamphlet patches to the GCL source tree -
specifically, what "diff" command line arguments do you use to make each
patch?

Bill, I'm interested in seeing that extra information if you can still be
bothered to chase your own GCL HEAD build.  I think it would be good to try
uncovering the problem so that you can gain some faith in the process.

I spent odd moments over the weekend (text mode) and today (Windows
TeXmacs - no cygwin involved at all) trying to crash Axiom and or TeXmacs.
I'm very pleased to report that I failed completely.  My main attack has
been to type in code snippets which solve specific problems from the Axiom
book and various web sites.  Axiom is certainly a stunning program.

I'm also hoping that someone on the Maxima development team will build a
tm_maxima equivalent for Windows based on Bill's superb weekend efforts.  I
just wish we had savable worksheets for both CAS systems - TeXmacs seems not
to be able to do that yet.

Attached is a picture of Windows Axiom in TeXmacs.

Bill, I can send you an up to date PDF copy of the Axiom book built from CVS
if you would like to include it in your web zip file.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.