gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded W indows

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded W indows source/binary package.
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:58:51 -0500

Mike,

On December 6, 2004 6:17 PM you wrote:

>| When this completes, I will start working with the
>| axiom--windows-1 arch sources. My first attempt to build
>| from these failed due to a compile error in bsdsignal.c.
>
>I don't get a problem there and include my build log up to that
>point in case it gives you some ideas.
>
>My AXIOM variable is:
>
>  AXIOM=/c/arch/axiom--windows--1--patch-1/mnt/windows

You are right, it was my error.

>Expect at least one failure in GCL due to a Makefile problem:

Ok.

>| I will check what is different between what is in your
>| original sources versus what is in axiom--windows-1. Perhaps
>| those patches got missed when Tim created the archive? I will
>| let you know if/when I submit new patches.
>
> No worries.  I am being badly frustrated by arch at present.
> If your download stops (for example, last night my modem connection
> timed out during the download after four hours and over thirty
> megabytes) you have to start all over again because it does
> everything in a huge monolithic file.

4 hours and 30 Mb over a modem connection!? You must be desparate
for privacy... :) Even I, who live on a farm out in the country
too far away from the usual high speed internet, couldn't live
without my sat downlink... :))

> GHC - yay.

I wish I had more time to play.

----------

My axiom build direct from you uploaded sources just finished
with the following messages:

The syntax of the command is incorrect.
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

"building browse.daase"
"building category.daase"
"building interp.daase"
   >> System error:
   Cannot coerce NIL to a PATHNAME.

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
(1) -> cp: cannot stat `c:/cvs/head/axiom/int/algebra/*.daase': No such file
or directory
make[3]: *** [c:/cvs/head/axiom/int/algebra/dbcomplete] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/head/axiom/src/algebra'
make[2]: *** [algebradir] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/head/axiom/src'
make[1]: *** [srcdir] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/cvs/head/axiom'
make: *** [all] Error 2

-------

I recall that you previously had some problems building the
database but I thought that had been corrected. Am I missing
something or do I still have to copy the database files
from somewhere else?

Regards,
Bill Page.