gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] State of play with GCL 2.6.5 on Windows

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Gcl-devel] State of play with GCL 2.6.5 on Windows
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:00:53 +1000

Hi again.

What a chase - the algebra is now compiling with GCL 2.6.5 on Windows; who
knows what lies ahead, but it's probably OK.  Apart from:

 1. the crashing "tla",

 2. the absence of the "src/share" directory from "axiom--windows--1" (or at
least the copy I managed to download via HTTP repository tla),

 3. a new kind of crash compiling AHYP, and

 4. a total of 4 new Axiom source tree GCL patches to backport CVS HEAD
changes for gcc 3.4.2 and latest libraries to GCL 2.6.5,

everything went OK.

Item 3, the 2.6.5 AHYP crash cause was in the cfun.c.pamphlet DIRECTORYP,
this had a bug on Windows now hopefully fixed.  I had to remove
ensure-directory-exists from src/interp/nlib.lisp.pamphlet as it was
apparently not present in 2.6.5.  Hopefully everything is still OK for the
CVS HEAD GCL build.

Four new patches and those modified files I can remember are attached for
Tim to incorporate into his arch/CVS complex non-linear system so that
current state on Windows can be recorded for posterity.  This is due to the
aforementioned tla problems on Windows.

Fingers crossed and hope to rest

Mike Thomas