gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: compiler changes

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: compiler changes
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:14:27 -0600

Camm Maguire wrote:

This should be fixed now as well.  I'm getting no failures on misc or
the random tester.  Your feedback/testing is always most useful!

I'm not seeing any failures in the random tester.  I'm seeing lots
of warnings, however.

I removed the -Wall from compiler::*cc* to suppress the warnings.
Most go away, except for an occasional "warning: assignment makes
integer from pointer without a cast".  I've added a couple of
test cases to misc.lsp that do this.  It looks like all the dead
code isn't being removed.

Also, have implemented propagation and inlining for ash.

Those two tests happen to involve ASH, so this may be related.

Also need some separate mechanism by which to
progagate mod type information.

I don't understand -- do you mean the lisp MOD types?  Those
are just integer subranges.

Lastly, there is one known outstanding issue remaining at present,
(let ((y x)) (and (si::fixnump x) (bar x))) where bar is proclaimed as
taking an integer arg with declare y as fixnum.  I need to either
type-and within a progn and type-or across an if, or rebind vars
within each branch of the if.

Ah, you mean reverse propagation of type information?

On branches of an IF, you might try introducing LOCALLY declarations
(if you handle those).

        Paul