gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Problem installing Gcl under Windows

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Problem installing Gcl under Windows
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:25:40 +1000

Hi there.

Welcome to the GCL mailing list.

| Hi,
| I installed gcl 2_6_5 ansi version
| (gcl_2.6.5.mingw32_ansi_japi_20040818.exe) on
| my Pc ( Pentium 4 , Windows 2000) ,
| but at the end of the installation process some shell commands
| are executed:  an
| executable file is deleted but it's not replaced with the modified one
| (modified.exe) because it's not created. I have attached the
| relative screenshot.
| I have tried to stop the installation process before it deletes
| the exe file.
| Executing this file nothing happens. Also the "gclm.bat" file is
| not created.
|
| Do you know how to solve this problem?

I haven't seen this one before (I've installed sucessfully on both Windows
2000 Professional and Windows XP).  I'm wondering whether there is a write
permission problem.

Could you please check that you have write permission to that directory
tree?

Could you also please try installing to the default location (that is, don't
modify the default installation path when the installer runs) and see what
happens?

Cheers

Mike Thomas.