gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] TK bindings in 2.6.5 CLtL1 (Windows)

From: Douglas Todd
Subject: [Gcl-devel] TK bindings in 2.6.5 CLtL1 (Windows)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:01:54 -0700

Good Afternoon

I've been playing with GCL, and am trying to understand the TK/TCL bindings. I'm running the windows configuration under mingw. Unfortunately, it appears that some of the necessary files are missing in the binary distribution.

Specifically, I am missing: tkl.lisp, gcltksrv.bat. and gcltkaux from the library directory. I have visited CVS and have picked up tkl.lisp and gcltksrv.bat. Gcltkaux does not seem to be available.

I've looked at the build output for a Debian athelon build, ( http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/buildd-logs/gcl_2.6.2-2_20040629-2310); It looks like gcltkaux is build from guis, tkAppInit, an tkMain from CVS, and the makefile is embedded in gcl_cmpinit.lsp. Unfortunately, gcl_cmpinit does not seem to be available.

I would appreciate any help that I can get to be able to have TK bindings in GCL under windows.

Thank you in advance for your help

Douglas Todd