gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.6 windows problem with maxima

From: Billinghurst, David \(CALCRTS\)
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.6 windows problem with maxima
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:23:28 +1100

> From:  Vadim V. Zhytnikov
>
> David Billinghurst writes:
>

> >I have just downloaded Version_2_6_6pre (approximately
> 20050116 0300 UTC),
> >compiled it on windows and built CVS maxima.  Maxima core
> dumps in the
> >testsuite.
> >
> >The failure occurs in file rtest1.mac: the offending line is
> >
> >   romberg(sin(y),y,0,%pi);
> >
> >and the error message is
> >
> >Maxima encountered a Lisp error:
> >
> >Error in PROGN [or a callee]: Caught fatal error [memory may
> be damaged]
> >

> >I haven't built gcl on windows for a while (since a disk
> crash mid-year)
> >My system details are:
> >Windows XP SP1
> >MSYS-1.0.10
> >binutils-2.15.92-20040916-1
> >gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1
> >

>  I've build and tested Maxima CVS (not the latest one though) without
> problems.
> But my binutils are 2.14.92 20040120 and gcc 3.3.1 20030804.
> Window XP SP2.

The combination
 - binutils 2.14.90 20040120
 - gcc 3.3.1 20030804.
 - Window XP SP1
works for me.

        David

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are private and confidential and may contain
privileged information. If you are not an authorised recipient, the copying or
distribution of this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited and you must not
read, print or act in reliance on this e-mail or attachments.
This notice should not be removed.