gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.6 windows problem with maxima

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] gcl-2.6.6 windows problem with maxima
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:49:47 +1000

Hi all.

| Greetings!  Could someone please try the offending system with GCL
| 2.6.5?  I'd appreciate very much a quick reply indicating whether we
| have a show stopper or not.

I'm just not able to do much about this stuff today I'm sorry.  Thanks to
Dave and Vlad for picking up the slack.  Sorry Camm for messing up your
holiday exit.

Maxima 5.9.1 builds with GCL 2.6.6pre using gcc 3.3.1 and binutils 2.14.90
as reported by Dave.  These are the conditions under which 2.6.5 was
released and those conditions should continue to apply for Maxima builds at
least.  It may be the case that for Axiom gcc 3.4.2 and binutils 2.15.90 are
required; I probably won't get a chance to check that for a while - awkward
indeed.  I have also not tested ACL2.

In any event I believe that 2.6.6 is an improvement over 2.6.5 on Windows
and unless we are prepared to wait until you return Camm, I suggest we
release it for the considerable benefit of the non-Windows users.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.