gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL_TK_SERVER setting

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL_TK_SERVER setting
Date: 14 Feb 2005 12:43:13 -0500

Greetings!  This is a result of some file misplacement in the
installation process.  You only get this message if GCL cannot find
gcltksrv.   Here is the code to search:

      (setq     gcltksrv
         (cond (host "gcltksrv")
               ((si::getenv "GCL_TK_SERVER") )
               ((probe-file (tk-conc si::*lib-directory* "/gcl-tk/gcltksrv")) )
               ((probe-file (tk-conc si::*lib-directory* "gcl-tk/gcltksrv")) )
               (t (error "Must setenv GCL_TK_SERVER "))))

On my installation, the third branch applies.

As the docs explain you can also supply the path as a :gcltksrv
keyword to si::tkconnect.

BTW, has anyone checked out

(load (si::string-concatenate si::*lib-directory* "gcl-tk/demos/widget.lisp"))
 or

bin/info

in a built gcl tree?  There appears to have been a lot of work put
into this TK stuff, and it would be nice to robustify and polish.

Take care,