gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Axiom on Slackware, anyone?

From: JCA
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Axiom on Slackware, anyone?
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:10:09 -0800

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:51:31 -0800 (PST), Camm Maguire
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!  It appears that you have no emacs installed, which is at
> present a gcl build dependency.  The build dependencies are listed at
> the head of the file debian/control, and are at present:
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper ( >= 4.1.0 ), emacs21 | emacsen, libreadline4-dev,
> m4,
> tk8.4-dev, tetex-bin, texinfo, binutils-dev, libgmp3-dev, autotools-dev
> You can forget about the debhelper dependency if you are not building
> a Debian package.
>
> Please let me know if installing an emacs does not fix things.

    Well, talk about making the wrong assumptions! In my infinite
wisdom I installed all but two of the official Slackware 10.0 emacs
packages: one containing an emacs executable that does no require X,
and the other containing support files for foreign languages. I did
not think I would need them at all but, as it happens, they seem to be
required for building gcl.

   Thanks for your help, and my apologies for my cockiness.