gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL 2.6.6 does build Axiom on Windows

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL 2.6.6 does build Axiom on Windows
Date: 16 Feb 2005 14:25:43 -0500

Greetings!

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> Mike, Camm,
>
> On Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:18 PM Mike Thomas wrote:
> >
> > Good news I think.
>
> Yes, I can confirm that it *does* build Axiom! It was my error.
>

> > I end up with a directory called "axiom--windows--1--patch-13"
> > in which I successfully built Axiom on Windows:
> >   2. using 2.6.6 after modifications to "lsp/Makefile.pamphlet"
> > for minimum usual patching to the GCL 2.6.6 source in new
> > version gcl2.2.2w.
> >

> This is exactly the same thing I did.
>
> > The modifications I made apart from adding "gcl-2.6.6.tgz"
> > and new patch files in "zips" are to be found at the end of
> > this email.
>
> Comparing my tla file-diffs with yours, however I found that
> I had unintentionally also removed the mingw.defs patch. :(
> Thanks very much for helping me to sort this out.

Wonderful!

So in case anyone cares, most/all these patches can be eliminated and
replaced with simple settings in gcl:

init_gcl.lsp.in --> (setq si::*system-banner* "")
gcl_cmpflet,gcl_cmpcall -> (setq compiler::*suppress-compiler-notes* t)
makefile,mingw.defs -> preliminary call to (compiler::link ...) to
                       build an image with extras and libspad.a linked
                       in.

Take care,