gcl-devel

Fwd: Re: [Gcl-devel] (break "bar") in cmpnew/gcl_cmpspecial.lsp in c1fun

From: Karsten Poeck
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Gcl-devel] (break "bar") in cmpnew/gcl_cmpspecial.lsp in c1function
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:16:39 +0200

Hello Camm,
I think I was to unspecific in my report. The problem is not the (break "bar"), my problem is that the compiler enters the cond branch with the cmperr while compiling to my understanding prefectly correct code.

My test case is the following:

(defclass combine-root ()
  ()
  )

(defclass combinatoric-solver (combine-root)
  (
   (constraints-tested :initform 0 :accessor cs-constraints-tested)
   )
  )

(defclass partial-solution (combine-root)
  ()
  )

(defmethod partial-solution-correct ((me combinatoric-solver) (solution partial-solution))
    (incf (cs-constraints-tested me)))

If I compile this code with current cvs head I get
>(compile-file "c:/data/lisp/combine/foo.lisp")

Compiling c:/data/lisp/combine/foo.lisp.
; (DEFUN |(PCL::FAST-METHOD PARTIAL-SOLUTION-CORRECT (COMBINATORIC-SOLVER PARTIAL-SOLUTION))|
         ...) is being compiled.
;; Warning: Type declaration was found for not bound variable COMBINATORIC-SOLVER.
;; Warning: Type declaration was found for not bound variable ME.
;; Warning: Type declaration was found for not bound variable PARTIAL-SOLUTION.
;; Warning: Type declaration was found for not bound variable SOLUTION.
;;; The function (SETF CS-CONSTRAINTS-TESTED) is illegal.;; Warning: Type declaration was found for not bound variable COMBINATORIC-SOLVER.
;; Warning: Type declaration was found for not bound variable ME.
;; Warning: Type declaration was found for not bound variable PARTIAL-SOLUTION.
;; Warning: Type declaration was found for not bound variable SOLUTION.
;;; The function (SETF CS-CONSTRAINTS-TESTED) is illegal.
No FASL generated.
NIL

What is incorrect in the (incf (cs-constraints-tested me)) ?

salud2

Karsten