gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] persistent history

From: C Y
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] persistent history
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:44:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:

> anita kean <address@hidden> writes:
> > I've been using the maxima-5.9.1-9.deb Debian package (based on
> > clisp)which does not have a persistent history feature.
>
> As maintainer of this package, it is GCL, not clisp based.  What is
> the persistent history feature?

I think he means pressing up arrow in a new Maxima session will return
the previously entered Maxima command in the previous session, and so
on.  IIRC rmaxima can do this (I have occasionally found it useful.)
Not sure about the details of this feature in other cases - I think
normally history only persists within a single Maxima session?

CY