gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL profiling with ACL2

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL profiling with ACL2
Date: 05 May 2005 22:03:45 -0400

Greetings!  GCL carries around its own modules in libgcl.a for use in
compiler::link and the like.  Using an absolute pathname for these
modules makes no sense, as they will be extracted from the archive in
the current directory.  I propose reserving the designator "gcl_" at
the start of the pathname-name to indicate that truename init-names
are not to be used.  The rest of the namespace would belong to the
user and write the full pathname of the source in the initname.
I.e. this will fail if the user has two files identically named
gcl_.... at two distinct locations in their source tree.  Does this
sound acceptable?

Take care,