gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Simple web server code for GCLforW

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Simple web server code for GCLforWindows
Date: 06 May 2005 13:19:46 -0400

Greetings!

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> | Hope his latest findings re: http codes works for you too.
>
> The simple web server works for CVS GCL 2.6.7pre if I build with gcc 3.4.2
> as I believe Bill does.
>
> It does not work if I build with gcc 3.3.1.

Bill, can you confirm this is consistent with your findings?  Vadim
and/or David, would you have a moment to test this on your mingw
setups?  The simple test code can be found earlier in this thread.

Mike, how does this break on our live gcc?  Any time for details?  Not
to worry if not.

> GCL 2.6.x Windows binary series is being released with gcc 3.3.1 as Maxima
> builds with that version but not with gcc 3.4.2.
>
> Will try to get at GCL-TK over the weekend but do not hold much hope for
> finishing in that time frame from what I saw of the code last night.  At the
> moment I have yet to grasp which files in the directory are actually used
> and which not.  Am looking at the possibility of Windows Mailslots as
> another option for the SIGUSR1 issue.

OK, apart from the signalling workarounds, any details you might be
able to supply on socket code incompatibilities would be most helpful.

Take care,