gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Minor: Error message Building GCL 2.7.0 ?

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Minor: Error message Building GCL 2.7.0 ?
Date: 28 May 2005 10:48:12 -0400

Greetings!  This file should only be compiled on Windows --perhaps
some transient configure bug.  I'll try to reproduce.

But in case you were looking for the immediate fixnum trial
implementation, its not yet in CVS.  (nor is twc for that matter).  If
this is what your after, please let me know and I'll push a copy to
your site.  I'm afraid the imlemntation I have now is quite x86/amd64
specific, and I'd like to keep CVS portable.

I'm guessing the cleanest design is to push the .text start up on
machines where it is 0 by default, and leave the fixnum table below
the heap, assuming that the free space currently above 1G cannot be
reliably discounted as heap space in the future as things evolve.
This is of course assuming that we can eliminate the maxpages limit,
for if not, there will always be a definable area above the core that
could be used.  This is also assuming I can get a linker script to
move the .text start, which I think is likely.  And we need some idea
of a sane default heap/fixnum table size tradeoff.  I'd especially
appreciate ideas on this latter point.

Take care,