gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Fwd: Uninitialized stack gaps and conservative garbage

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Fwd: Uninitialized stack gaps and conservative garbage collection]
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:55:24 -0400

Camm Maguire wrote:
Raymond Toy writes:

On the sparc port, this area can be zeroed out with appropriate
optimization settings.  I ran some tests using Eric Marsden's
cl-bench.   If the stack is always cleared, the cost of some
benchmarks go up, but some go down, because the cost of GC is
decreased.  (The benchmarks include GC time.)

Thanks for the tip -- does this use gcc, and if so, what is the

You know, of course, that CMUCL is a native compiler that doesn't use gcc. I hand-wrote the assembly code to clear the stack area. :-)

Ray