gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Lisp] merging GCL into GCC

From: Rafael Ávila de Espíndola
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Lisp] merging GCL into GCC
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 07:59:33 -0300

Em Wed 08 Jun 2005 04:30, Jay Sulzberger escreveu:
> I think this a serious project, not small, and some variants well worth
> doing.
A full merge is a very big project. It would be nice to use the boehm garbage
collector (already in use in gcj generated code and gcc itself) and a new
gmp.

What I think is doable is to integrate the build system and then start
converting the C code generation with GENERIC trees generation.

> I think there has been some decent public discussion of possible
> difficulties here.

Do you have some interesting pointers? I would love to see them, even if they
refer to old gcc versions.

> oo--JS.

Rafael