gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Recent HEAD changes - PS

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Recent HEAD changes - PS
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:27:06 +1000

| |
| | > 2. I'm getting a negative CSTACK_ADDRESS -2147483648

With the changes checked in since yesterday morning - this is now a positive
number.

| | > 3. Are these sensible values?
| | >
| | >   #define CSTACK_TOP 0x80000000
| | >   #define CSTACK_RANGE 0x40000000

| |
| | Yes, It appears as if your C stack counts down from 0x80000000,
| | leaving the range above this value fair game for immediate fixnums.
|

| Actually it counts down from the values shown below in the default case:

Sorry - I messed my Hex to Decimal conversion and got confused.  That said,
the fixnums would have to go elsewhere on Windows.

The other issue here is that the linker stack size option needs to be passed
into this test in order to reflect the configuration option on Windows -
this is something I haven't been able to understand in terms of configure
macrology.

Any hints?

Cheers

Mike Thomas.