gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] local benchmark mini-suite

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] local benchmark mini-suite
Date: 22 Jun 2005 15:57:34 -0400

Greetings!  As I know you've been doing some work recently with gcl
efficiency, and as we're hopefully approaching a release over the next
several months, at which time we conventionally publish some
comparative benchmarks, I'm wondering if either of you would have any
interest in putting together a little benchmark suite we could keep
with the gcl sources to help us track the important areas of
performance as development progresses.  There is the gabriel.tgz file
in the old GCL distribution site which we used last time around.  The
major issue here is that the tests are so small by modern standards
that one is not sure whether one is just measuring function call
speed, with all the 'repeats' that are encessary to overcome the clock
granularity.

Anyway, please don't bother if this would not be useful to you in your
work.  This is just a thought.

Take care,