gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Defsystem + GCL

From: C Y
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Defsystem + GCL
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:38:30 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not quite sure where to send this, so I'll go for broad coverage
the first time around.  Maxima uses MK-DEFSYSTEM to build its lisp
files, and we would like to be able to use the standard defsystem.lisp
file without alterations.  The problem is that the default MK-DEFSYSTEM
(as of 3.5i) does not seem to work with GCL (ansi mode at least, which
is what Maxima uses.)  Our current defsystem is patched to add support
for GCL, so we can build on all supported lisps, but we would prefer to
avoid maintaining our own defsystem.lisp.  So my question is:

How come GCL doesn't work with current MK-DEFSYSTEM?  Do we need to
enhance GCL, MK-DEFSYSTEM, or maybe both?  What would it take to fix
it?  Would the clocc team accept patches for GCL?

Cheers,
CY

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs