gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: 2.7.0 ANSI ACL2, fyi

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: 2.7.0 ANSI ACL2, fyi
Date: 09 Aug 2005 01:52:08 -0400

Greetings!

Minor comments here

1) Yes, please, 2.7.0 cvs tags are for the stout of heart interested
   in helping with testing!  Please keep production work elsewhere if
   possible.

2) Unless we autoload pcl on demand, using the ansi image will
   definitely bloat acl2 somewhat if it is not needed -- may not make
   a difference though.

3) Beware of the following auto-proclaim pitfall -- if any of your
   functions return a value of form  (funcall (foo)), the sys-proclaim
   mechanism will proclaim (function (...) *), which will disable all
   c stack arg passing into and out of the function at present.  I'm
   occasionally resorting to the ugly workaround of wrapping the above
   in (let ((z (funcall (foo)))) z).

Take care,