gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] gcl 2.7.0t5 and Maxima 5.9.1

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: [Gcl-devel] gcl 2.7.0t5 and Maxima 5.9.1
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:29:36 +0300

Hi!

I did some little gcl 2.7.0t5 testing with
Maxima 5.9.1.  And I'm very impressed
by new twc memory consumption.  On all test
maximal memory footprint is almost the same as
in CMUCL.

On the other hand I observe some slowdown.
Performance degradation is not so significant
and even with it gcl is faster of as fast as CMUCL.
I have to stress that slowdown is not solely due to
smaller hole and more frequent relocatable pages GC.

I also observe some small problems:

1. It seems that set-hole-size doesn't work with
gcl 2.7.0t5 - to be more precise it has no effect on
GBC process.

2. I see wrong GBC messages - lot's of GBC messages
for STRUCTURE while in reality this is probably
4w strauctures CFUN GBC.

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov

      <address@hidden>